Web Date Reviews
- WebDate.com is completely free
Prices are subject to change. For the most up to date information, please refer to the actual website.
- View hot singles in your area on the homepage
- Log in with Facebook (also linked with social network sites including Yahoo! Google+ and Twitter)
- Over 7000 new relationships are “created” every day on WebDate.com
- Choose from a massive range of countries, from Afghanistan to Austria, Ukraine to the USA
- Read and take part in the WebDate forums to discuss the hottest topics in dating
- Read accounts of successful encounters from real people
- Tell others about your income, profession and education to help attract the sort of person who might be interested in your lifestyle
- See who is online and get chatting right away
- Get a “dateability” score, which is determined by looks, personality and site usage – have WebDate.com find matches for you
- Send and receive message, filter messages or modify your message restrictions to encourage or prevent certain members from contacting you
- Rate photos (yikes, not bad, cute, good looking, hot!) and have yours rated too
Performing a Search:
You may search for other members by the following criteria…
- New members
- Members seeking marriage
- Relationship type
- Currently online
- Members who are videochatting
- Users with photos
Filter results by:
- Last log in
- Number of photos
If you’re looking for a date but haven’t a cent to spend or the time to go crawling the “usual dating haunts” then WebDate.com might be your fairy god mother. It’s a free dating website that allows its members to flirt, chat and potentially hook up, without costing a thing.
Well that’s not, strictly speaking, true. Even a free site will require that you pay in time, and that’s a precious commodity. How does Web Date fair, then, in finding you a date without wasting your time? Well, it doesn’t do a bad job: a basic search should give you enough results to keep you busy, and many members have uploaded photos and filled in their profiles. The problems come when you start to look at them in more detail because many profiles seem to have gone unused for quite some time and you’re not necessarily going to get as many responses as you might initially think. This is one of the problems with a free dating website: because it’s free you find that many people will create and abandon their profile in a short time, so you find a lot of useless profiles floating in the ether. The quality of photographs is variable but some are downright appalling quality and you cannot get an idea of what the member looks like, even though these photos appear to have been verified by admin staff.
But let’s assume you do find one or two people who you are interested in getting to know. This site allows you to send messages, comment on a profile or be involved in a video chat. The video chat option is particularly interesting as it’s not a feature you find everywhere. Beyond this feature, though, there are few others to talk about. You can see who is online (which is useful if you want to get chatting to someone right away) or view a dating compatibility (“Dateability”) list which will suggest members who you might like based on their looks, personality and how often they are online. It’s another way to browse users, and potentially a good means of seeing profiles that you would otherwise bypass.
Two points of contrition in the general set up of the site are its adverts and the help it offers. You’ll be propositioned by a number of adverts which are sometimes erotic in nature (something you may not want to see or hear) and generally distract you from the main site. There is an FAQ section but it’s very short and doesn’t answer a number of key issues. You can email admin staff to ask for support but there’s no obvious guarantee of their response rate.
WebDate offers an average service but has some major pitfalls. It’s free, though, and worth a shot if you find active members who feel you may get along with.