Metro Date Reviews
- MetroDate is free to join and use
Prices are subject to change. For the most up to date information, please refer to the actual website.
- Choose from a host of locations and languages from around the world
- Create video profiles
- Send and receive voice messages
- Chat using private messages and emails
- Read tips and advice on dating
- View calendars of singles events in your area
- Get recommendations on restaurants in your location to make a good first impression on a date
- Read testimonials from satisfied members
- Choose from a wide range of preferred physical and social attributes that you would like your date to have
- Receive matches based on the data you provide
- Join social groups in your area or further afield
- Get involved in chat room discussions to find out about the latest hot topics
Performing a Search:
You may search for other members by the following criteria…
- Quick Search finds people in your area and age range
Advanced searches allow you to specify a range of information such as:
- Distance from you
- Sexual orientation
- Body type
- Relationship status
A lot of internet dating sites claim to offer a free service, Metro Date actually offers one. This is a site which focuses primarily on offering rendezvous and local information for members in the US, though it also has a more international feel as you can choose from a bounty of countries as your location. Where you are will decide on how many search results you receive, so if you’re not in a major US city you may find a more limited choice of members to get in touch with, though this isn’t necessarily a major issue given that you’ve not paid anything to find this out and many people are willing to travel to meet that “special someone”.
The site is relatively easy to use with the usual drop down menus at the top of the screen, well considered as they are. It doesn’t overload you with unnecessary information but guides you to the areas of most interest. Two interesting features of this site are its focus on events in your area (including restaurant guides) and its use of video profiling, which allows you to record yourself speaking rather than simply typing a welcome message or profile page. This is a great way to catch the attention of potential dates and show them what you’re really like. The events calendar is also a good way of meeting people who you may or may not know from the site, of just getting yourself out there and finding new friends and potential dates for the future.
Profiles are fairly standard, though MetroDate.com does allow you to provide more information that some others out there, including your preferred religious beliefs or physical attributes. The system then uses this information to recommend members to you. Searching for members offers two options: a basic search (which simply shows you a gallery of members who fit your pre-set information) or an advanced search (which allows you to be more specific about things such as education and children). It’s nice to have the option, though a few more filters would be beneficial to avoid getting the same results after each search.
Metro Date isn’t spectacular but it does a decent job of offering a free online dating service with a couple of interesting extras that are worth exploring. Create a profile, take a browse around and see if it takes your fancy, maybe even create a video profile and see where it takes you. Good luck!